Family Friendly Grassland Management
A day of family friendly workshops in partnership with Cwm Arian Renewable Energy
This event is for you if you’re interested to learn more about managing grassland, how to spot interesting grassland species, are interested to learn more sustainable land management or would like to use your creativity to produce a collaborative nature-based work of art.
- Learn how to spot grassland plants with local ecologist Jon Hudson
- Take a tour of the trust’s 24 acre farm with Michelle
- Watch Phillip scything part of the grassland by hand
- Work with local artist and Oriel Gallery’s education coordinator Emma, to create a beautiful clay grass-imprint tile. All artworks created will be exhibited in Y Stwidio at the Growing Better Connections’ end of year art exhibition
- Growing Better Connections will also be providing a light lunch and refreshments catered for by Veganish Mum.
Where to Meet:
We will be meeting at the Dyfed Permaculture Trust site at Penboyr, Drefach Felindre, Llandysul, SA44 5JF. The entrance to the track is opposite the red phone box in the centre of Penboyr village, grid reference SN356 367, ‘What three words’:- judges.strikers.succeed.
Parking is limited at the trust, so please lift share, use public transport, or your legs! where possible. Please be aware that there are no passing places on the track to trust and follow the parking signs as you enter the trackway.
What to Bring
- Drinking water (GBC will be providing hot water & biscuits during the refreshment break),
- Your own mug and water bottle,
- Stout walking boots or wellies,
- Waterproof jacket and trousers,
- A sun hat and sun cream,
- Notebook and pen,
Health & Safety
- The event will be outside, please ensure that you are equipped for the changeable weather,
- Please be mindful of keeping a safe distance from other attendees,
- If you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, are feeling unwell or have COVID-19, please stay safe at home,